Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Woodleaf Court

I saw Woodleaf Court today. It's in West San Jose (here) but is probably one of the closest houses I have seen to my office. It's also in a really nice area, in a quiet cul-de-sac near a large park.

As with many of the other houses I've seen, it's 4 bed, 2. 5 bath. It's a bit older than some that I've seen and as such was a little bit tired. Mostly 70's style decor and not as modern as some places.

Having said that, the space was very good (with family room) and the garden was also excellent. The problem with renting a house like this is that you can't really do much to it to make it feel more modern, so I'm not sure if you could live with it or not. It would definitely look better than it does with our stuff in and the location and garden are big plus points, but not sure whether they are enough to balance against the negatives.

The garden was pretty large and had a covered patio area as well as a lawn area and fruit trees. The house is near the end of a small dead end road and so was a very nice location.

Overall, I'm undecided. The space, location and garden are all positve, but the style and age of the house (and contents) aren't so good.

No comments: